What are cookies, web beacons and similar technologies?
A cookie does not contain or collect its own information, but is read by a server via a web browser; with the information, a more user-friendly service can be made possible, for example the recognition of errors. We do not store a cookie longer than necessary.
Web beacons are small graphic images (also called “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may appear on or within our websites, services, applications, communication services and tools and are used for various purposes, including to measure the performance of our websites, tracking the number of visitors to our websites and how they navigate there.
By similar techniques for storing information, we mean other technologies that store information in your browser or device and use locally shared objects or local storage. Examples include flash cookies, HTML 5 cookies, and other web application software methods.
For the sake of simplicity, we use the term cookie in our policy for all cookies, web beacons and similar techniques.
In order to fully use our website, you must enable cookies. If you do not wish to enable cookies, you can still visit the website, but certain features of the site may be limited.
You can notice the presence of the different types of cookies generated when you visit this website. We use the following types of cookies:
- Functional cookies;
- Analytical cookies;
- Advertising cookies;
- Social media cookies.
These cookies are necessary to enable you to browse the URBAN MOBILITY website(s) and use its features, including accessing protected areas of the website. Without these cookies, such functions, including shopping baskets and electronic payment, are not possible.
We may use these cookies for:
- user authentication for secure login;
- remembering products you add to your shopping cart while shopping online;
- remembering payment or order information that you enter on the various pages, so that you do not have to enter all your details repeatedly;
- passing information from one page to the next, for example when completing a long survey or a large amount of data for an online order;
- saving preferences, such as language, location, number of search results to be displayed, etc.;
- saving settings for optimal video playback, such as buffer size and information about your screen resolution;
- reading your browser settings, so that we can optimally display our website on your screen;
- locating misuse of our website and services, for example by registering multiple successive failed login attempts;
- loading the website evenly, so that it remains accessible;
- offering the option to save credentials so you don’t have to enter them repeatedly;
- offering the opportunity to post a comment on our website.
These cookies collect information about the surfing behavior of visitors to our website, such as frequently visited pages and whether visitors receive error messages. This enables us to make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user-friendly as possible for you. The statistics and other reports are not linked to individuals.
We may use these cookies for:
- tracking the number of visitors to our web pages;
- tracking the duration of each visit to our website;
- determining the order in which a visitor visits the various pages on our website;
- assessing which parts of the site need improvement;
- optimizing the website.
We may use software such as Google Analytics to analyze page usage, page interactions and browsing routes on our sites. This is called “website measurement” or “web analytics”.
- ensure that we have a “Processing Contract” with Google;
- activate anonymization of IP addresses in Google Analytics;
- ensure that data sharing with Google does not take place.
Google may only provide this data to third parties if Google is required by law to do so or to the extent necessary for third parties to process data on behalf of Google.
Our goal is to provide information that is as relevant as possible to visitors to our website. That is why we strive to adapt the site as much as possible to each visitor. We do this not only through the content on our website, but also through the advertisements displayed.
To enable the implementation of these adjustments, we try to understand your likely interests based on your visit to the URBAN MOBILITY websites in order to develop a segmented profile. Based on these interests, we adapt the content and advertisements on our website for different groups of customers.
We may use these cookies for:
- keeping track of the advertisements that have already been shown to you, so that you do not always see the same ones;
- tracking the number of visitors who click on the advertisement;
- keeping track of the number of orders placed via the advertisement;
- recording your visit to the website and thus assessing your interests;
- checking whether you have clicked on an advertisement;
- obtaining information about your surfing behavior that can be passed on to other websites;
- using third-party services to serve you advertisements;
- displaying more interesting advertisements based on your use of social media.
Please note that you will see advertisements on our site even if such cookies are not used. However, these ads will not be tailored to your interests. For example, these advertisements can be customized based on the content of the website. You can compare this type of content-related internet advertising with advertising on television. For example, if you watch a cooking program on TV, you will often see advertisements about cooking items during the program.
External parties that place cookies via our website can also try to find out what your interests are in this way. In this case, the information about your current website visit may be combined with information from previous visits to websites that do not belong to ours.
Social media cookies
The articles, images and videos that you view on our website can be shared and liked via social media by means of buttons. Cookies from social media providers are used to enable the functioning of these buttons, so that they recognize you when you want to share an article or video.
These cookies give you the possibility to:
- logged in users of selected social media to share and like certain content from our website directly.
These social media providers may also collect your personal data for their own purposes. CURRENT MOBILITY has no influence on the way in which these social media providers use your personal data. For more information regarding cookies placed by social media providers and the possible data they collect, you can consult the privacy statement(s) of the social media providers. Below we list the privacy statements of the major social media that are most often used by URBAN MOBILITY:
URBAN MOBILITY uses and places the functional cookies when you visit our website to ensure that the website works. Only after approval do we also place the analytical, advertising and social media cookies. On your first visit you will be given the opportunity to indicate your preference for the use of the types of cookies. We save your preference for a next visit to our website. You can change your preference at any time.
You can control and/or delete cookies if you wish. For more information about this, visit aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already stored on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent their use. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust certain preferences on each visit and certain services and functionalities may not work.
Questions and feedback
Send your questions and comments about cookies or privacy to firstname.lastname@example.org